- 1 pound beef or lamb (or combination of both), cubed
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce (preferably Hunts)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 2 one-pound packages of frozen okra
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the meat and cook unit browned, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat, and simmer until the meat is tender, approximately 30-45 minutes. Add more water if needed.
Once the meat is tender add the spices, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and okra. Bring to a boil and simmer until the okra is tender, approximately 30-45 minutes.
Serve with Rice Pilaf